Sunday, June 3, 2007

Rhino-Lion Park

Yesterday the Rhino-Lion park was so amazing. The timing was perfect for getting the most out of each animal grouping. We were just six feet away from a huge rhino who walked over to the car to check us out. Good thing that rhino's are very near sighted...seeing us clearly might have agitated him and we would have had a completely different experience. We were able to get almost as close to the lions. The park workers fed the wild dogs, cheetahs and a pride of lions. My, the male lions get grumpy when the females try to get their part of the meal!! There was a large amount of growling and swatting going on. After seeing them have their meals it put us all in the mood for barbecued ribs!



5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

AMAZING photos!

Cara said...

"It's the Circle of Life..."

FRYBABY said...

Are you talking about the craving for BBQ, Cara? Where do you come up with these things? I love your comments, they really crack me up! Oh, by the way, you look great Elder and Sister!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that watching lions slug it out over raw meat put you in the mood to eat also!!!!! You have been in Africa too long already!

jmr said...

you 2 need to come back from N soon so I have more things to blog about! :) I'm always hungry, I wonder what BBQ wildebeast tastes like??