Saturday, February 16, 2008

Woven memories

This weaving (below) we bought to remind us of our experience in the Lesotho mountains when the Church donated food to the people suffering from drought-caused hunger. The other two pictures show how the wool is spun and woven to make the beautiful wall hangings. The spinning wheel is made with an old bicycle rim. Check out the guy on the donkey in our wall hanging. Yup, he's riding backwards. That's the kind of guy that likes to see where he's been and we are going to always remember where we have been too.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bought the big hanging? Grat choice. It will look super on the wall in your new desert home. Another reason why I have to make an effort to visit you when you return Stateside.

Anonymous said...

I have to comment again. Congratulations, Grandma and Grandpa, on your new little granddaughter. You two are the luckiest people in the world.

KickButtMommy said...

What granddaughter? Why am I always the last to know?

jmr said...

I love that you guys are having such awesome experiences over there and we get to hear all about them. I'm curious to see your wall hanging close up. The details look fun. :)
Did I miss a post somewhere about the baby? An influx of discussion makes me thing I did somehow, I feel out of the loop!
Fill me in! Fill me in!

Anonymous said...

What great stories are weaved in to their art work! Loved the wall hangings. Hope you are doing well. Just waiting for spring to get here very tired of winter.
Clydene

Anonymous said...

What new granddaughter??? We must be the last to know!! That's what happens when you go out of town, out of country and out of mind!
Big Bro better be cluing us in.
pbpb

FRYBABY said...

I see a quilt idea coming on! And isn't it interesting how rumors can be misconstrued. I thought that there was a premature little baby girl out in Korea already...so what gives big sister? And who was the first to know (besides Kwona and Ben?)